Sunday 10 October 2010

Song Choices

When it came to looking at songs to choose for my music video, there were 3 in particular which I wanted to look at in further detail.

Airplanes - Travis Garland

This song is one of my three choices and is a cover of the famous single by B.o.B. There were a couple of reasons why I did not choose the original and they were that firstly there are several verses where the artist is rapping and that would prove to be to difficult to film. Secondly, the song is well known when performed by B.o.B and had a good music video already, so choosing a cover version of the song without the rapping, a not 'well known' artist and no video was a suitable choice.

Name - The Goo Goo Dolls

This song is my second choice, the main reason being is its just easy listening. I could easily listen to the band all day because their music has messages hidden away rather than it being entirely performance based. Its like listening to mini stories when listening to The Goo Goo Dolls. The song is based around the lead singers childhood and dedicates the song to his two sisters who raised him.

Look Through My Eyes - Everlife

This song is also on my list because I simply love listening to the song, I think the melody with the lyrics work fantastically well together, making it a powerful song. Also with the repeating line of 'Look Through My Eyes', when filming, you could show different peoples prospective and how they interpret certain things. This could prove to be a challenging aspect however it would be fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment